- This event has passed.
April 13, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
$10 admission. $5 with student ID.
With a career spanning five decades and producing more than 70 top 40 hits, no artist in the 20th century has had a broader array of hits by a more diverse set of artists than Burt Bacharach.
Looking Bacharach celebrates this true American treasure; his quirky rhythms, complex harmonies and uber-catchy melodies.
Everyone has a favorite Bacharach song, (even if they might not always realize it’s a Bacharach song!). Looking Bacharach offers audiences a sampler platter from the composer’s entire songbook – the beloved classics as well as overlooked gems.
The show reflects the composer’s incredible range:
• Easy Listening hits by the likes of Herb Alpert, the Carpenters and Bobby Vinton
• Ballads performed by soul music legends like Aretha Franklin and Isaac Hayes
• Classic country tunes by Glenn Campbell, Gene Pitney, and Marty Robbins
• Cinema classics like Alfie, Arthur and What’s New Pussycat?
• 80s pop standards that were hits for Naked Eyes and Elvis Costello
• And of course, a tour of Bacharach’s iconic collaboration with Dionne Warwick (together, the team charted an astonishing 38 times!).
Looking Bacharach is not just a nostalgia show – it’s an exciting exploration of a prolific composer’s output – delivered by musicians who are not just seasoned professionals, but also fans.
Looking Bacharach is:
Jimmy Kennedy – Keys/Guitar
Joe Weisman – Bass/Guitar/Ukelele
Mo Engel – Drums
Mike Silva – Tenor Sax/Flute
Emily Vilano – Vocals
Kevin Thomas – Vocals